It is important for a new member to get a check-up even if you are not sick. Be sure to schedule this checkup soon after becoming a FirstChoice Medical Group patient. Call your primary care doctor today to make an appointment for a new member check-up. Your doctor’s telephone number is on your Member ID.
Seeing your doctor on a normal basis is the best way to care for your health and well-being.
With routine exams, your doctor will:
- Get to know you and your health history better.
- Give you the best care — when it is needed.
- Suggest ways to stay healthy.
- Tell you when to use the ER and when to call the doctor first.
- Screen you for health problems.
- Prevent chronic diseases and promotes health and wellness
Normal preventive screenings are steps that help you and your doctor find any likely health problems before you get sick.
Why It Matters
Routine exams can help find health issues early. You'll know if you need shots against health problems, or find out what screening tests you need and when. Your doctor can also guide you on making changes to your life that will help you take better care of your health.
Ways You Can Stay Healthy
- See your doctor on a routine basis
- Take your meds as your doctor told you to
- Get needed tests and exams
- Eat well-balanced meals
- Stay at a healthy weight
- Stay active
- Quit smoking